Reclaimer/Stacker Deconstruction project
September 18, 2019
One of the deconstruction engineering projects undertaken by Andvare on behalf of Liberty Industrial and in consultation with De-Consult Pty Ltd.
Andvare undertook the deconstruction engineering, production of data and lifting recommendations for each of the major components of the Port Kembla Stacker/ Reclaimer for Liberty Industrial to deconstruct the machine.
Andvare’s scope included:
- Development of an MTO for the machine, based on 3D models of the main structures.
- Provision of deconstruction sequence stability diagrams and allowable wind speeds.
- Provision of module lift arrangements and separation details.
- Provision of FEA of the major module lifts to verify external stresses.
- Design of temporary connections and supports to allow separation.
- Design of custom lifting beams for the main lift.
- Design of custom lift points from modified existing sections of the structures.